Play Power Blackjack Live
Power Blackjack is one of Evolution's popular Infinite Blackjack tables. It supports an unlimited number of players and features four high paying side bets. The big difference in this blackjack game is that the game features no 9 or 10 cards - and you can double down up to 4x.
|Max Payout||250:1 (BustIt)|
|Best Strategy||Variable per hand (see strategy section below)|
You can play Power Blackjack right here at Mayfair Casino on your mobile or PC. For more details on strategies and payouts, read our complete playing guide below.
How to play Power Blackjack
As with traditional live dealer blackjack, the aim of the game is to beat the dealer with a higher value hand. 21 is the best hand you can get - and anything over will a bust, making you (or the dealer) lose the hand.
To start a game, choose your chip and place a bet on the hand - you can optionally bet on one or several of the side bets.
Once the betting round is over, the presenter will deal the cards - two face up cards to the player position - and two cards to the dealer position. One of these cards will be facing up, while the other will face down.
At this stage, you will now be able to hit, stand or double down your hand 2x, 3x or 4x. The dealer will draw cards until you stand, bust or hit blackjack.
Once the player betting round is over - the dealer will reveal their down card and hit until 17. If they bust, the player position wins the game.
Power Blackjack Rules
Here are the primary Power Blackjack rules:
- The game is played with an eight-deck shoe
- Played with Vegas rules (dealer gets two cards)
- Dealer checks for blackjack if they show Jack, Queen, King or Ace as up card
- All pairs can be split
- Blackjack win pays 3:2, taking Insurance and winning pays 2:1
- Insurance is only available if the dealer draws an Ace
- Double down (2x, 3x and 4x) option available on first two cards
Features & Bonuses
Power Blackjack shares many similar elements from other Evolution Infinite Blackjack tables.
Unlimited Number of Players: You don't need to wait for space - all players play the same hand concurrently.
Side Bets: 21+3, Perfect Pairs, Hot3 and the BustIt bets are available for extra payout chances.
There are some unique features to the Power Blackjack game that makes it a unique addition:
No 9s or 10s: All 9 and 10 cards are removed from the deck - which alters the optimal playing strategy significantly.
3x and 4x Double Downs: Players can double down 4x their original stake on the first two cards.
Side Bet Payouts
Here are all the payouts for the Power Blackjack side bets.
21+3 - Your first two cards and the dealer up card are paid out like a poker hand at the following payouts.
|Suited Trips||100 to 1|
|Straight Flush||35 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||25 to 1|
|Straight||8 to 1|
|Flush||5 to 1|
Any Pair - This side bet pays if your two starting cards are a pair.
|Any Pair Hand||Payout|
|Suited Pair||20 to 1|
|Pair||7 to 1|
Hot 3 - This side bet takes into account your two cards and the dealers up card. If they form a total of 19, 20 or 21 - you win.
|Hot 3 Hand||Payouts|
|7-7-7||100 to 1|
|Total 21 - Suited||20 to 1|
|Total 21 - Unsuited||4 to 1|
|Total 20||2 to 1|
|Total 19||1 to 1|
Bust It - For this side bet, you are solely banking on the dealer busting. The number of cards the bust in will determine your prize.
|Bust It Hand||Payouts|
|Bust with 8+ Cards||250 to 1|
|Bust with 7 Cards||100 to 1|
|Bust with 6 Cards||25 to 1|
|Bust with 5 Cards||8 to 1|
|Bust with 4 Cards||2 to 1|
|Bust with 3 Cards||1 to 1|
Power Blackjack Strategy
With the removal of 9s and 10s, Power Blackjack strategy is played differently to traditional basic strategy. Here are the primary game tactics you should always follow:
How to split pairs
- Split 2s if dealer has 6
- Split 3s if dealer has 2-8
- Split 4s if dealer has 6
- Don't split a 5 pair
- Split 6s if dealer has 2 - 8
- Split 7s if dealer has 2 - 7
- Split 8s wherever possible
- Don't split 10s
- Split Aces if dealer has 2 - 6 or 8 - 10
Outside of these outcomes, you should always hit
Quadruple Down Strategy
- Quadruple down on 5s if dealer has less than 10 - otherwise hit
- Quadruple down on Hard 10 if dealer has 2 - 7 - otherwise hit
- Quadruple down on Hard 11 if dealer has 2 - 8 - otherwise hit
- Quadruple down on Soft 15 or 16 if dealer has 6 - otherwise hit
- Quadruple down on Soft 17 if dealer has 5 - 6 - otherwise hit
- Quadruple down on Soft 18 if dealer has 2, 4, 5 or 6 - otherwise hit
- Quadruple down on Soft 19 if dealer has 6 - otherwise hit
Hit or Stand Strategies
- Hit on Hard 14 or less
- Hit on Hard 15 (unless dealer has 5)
- Hit on Hard 16 (unless dealer has 2, 4 - 6)
- Stand on Hard 17 (unless dealer has 11)
- Stand on Hard 18 or greater
- Hit on Soft 17 or less
- Stand on Soft 18 (unless dealer has 8)
- Stand on Soft 19 or greater
What is the maximum payout in Power Blackjack?
The maximum prize in Power Blackjack is 250 to 1 on the BustIt side bet.
What is the best Power Blackjack strategy?
The best strategy in Power Blackjack will depend on the cards in the dealer's hands and your own cards. Please see our strategy guide for more information.
Where can I play Power Blackjack?
Power Blackjack is now available at Mayfair Casino on mobile, tablet or PC devices.